I’ve had the pleasure of working in marketing and communications in Silicon Valley with some of the most amazing technologies, projects, companies — and most importantly people. I’ve been an executive with a team of 50, an advisor, and a consultant driving all aspects of marketing, especially writing. I’ve been a college lecturer and a fiction writer.
I’m currently doing freelance writing, strategy consulting on content marketing and advising. A few of my current clients:
- Write On Network
- Metal Toad
- Open Pharma Foundation
- The Linux Foundation
- Blockchain Health
Besides these projects, I’m also currently working on a novel.
Most recently I was the CMO of the Linux Foundation. As one of the founding management team members I drove the growth of the organization and shaped its brand during a ten year journey from three person organization to a $55m+ a year thriving non-profit. Some of my favorite things from my ten years at the Linux Foundation:
- Creating a successful content marketing strategy to grow our subscribers from a few hundred at time of launch to a database of over 200k
- Creating events such as LinuxCon, CloudOpen, ContainerCon and CollaborationSummit. I programmed all content, drove the strategy and built a kick-ass events team. The events business I started is now over a $6.5m a year business.
- Driving the “owned media” strategy for the organization by purchasing Linux.com in 2009. The site now receives more than a million visitors every month.
- Writing op-eds on open source legal and strategy topics for Wired and many other publications.
- Creating a process to identify top talent for our organization. Working with an organization psychologist, we devised interviewing tactics and testing suites to identify and build the world-class team as the organization rapidly grew.
I love to dive into complex topics and translate them into a story that gets results. If I can be of help please contact me. You can also read more detail about me on my LinkedIn Profile.